It is strongly recommend that you check for Windows and SQL updates before installing.
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.
- In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Note: Some updates might require that you restart your computer to finish installing. Save and close all your programs before restarting to prevent data loss.
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.
- Tap or click Check now, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC.
- If updates are found, tap or click Install updates.
- Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.
- Note : You might need to restart your PC to finish installing some updates. Save and close all your files and apps before you restart so you don't lose anything.
- Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.
- Click/tap on Windows Update on the left side, and click/tap on the Check for updates button.
- Windows will now check for updates.
- Windows will now automatically download and install any available updates.
- While updates are downloading, you can click/tap on Details to see more details about each available update.
- If a restart has been scheduled to install and apply available updates, select to Restart Now.
SQL Server Service Pack 3
- If you have the SQL Server programs displayed in your control panel, click here to download the Microsoft SQL Server Service Pack 3. This will ensure that your computer has all current fixes to SQL Server. The link will take you to the Microsoft site. Select to download the x86 version.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article